Skip to content
New update Question.
An_249204 posted:
For the life of me I can't figure this out, Calorie Goal 1301, Food Calories In 789, Fitness Calories Out- 724, Daily Total 65. What is the daily total? Should it be in the negative or positive for weight loss?

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
WebMD recently launched an update to the Food & Fitness planner and below are some details that might help answer your question. Please let me know if you need different details!

The calorie goal factors in your recommended food calorie target and your fitness calorie target (calorie goal = calories to aim to consume from food minus the calories you aim to burn from fitness).

Your recommended fitness calorie target has been modified to include ONLY the additional calories a user should aim to burn. Previously we offered a weekly fitness calorie target that factored in calories already burning (just through living and breathing). But this made the fitness target seem unattainable for some users.

The calorie goal factors in your recommended food calorie target (calories from food) minus your recommended fitness calorie target (calories burned through fitness). Now you will be able to see how what you eat and what you burn work together to help you meet your weight loss goals.

I hope that helps!

For more information, support and expert input, be sure to visit the WebMD Diet Community and the WebMD Fitness & Exercise Community .

Haylen

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.