Skip to content
hypertension out of control
kaz40 posted:
I'm female and turning 40 this year. I have been dealing with high BP for over a year now. I'm fairly healthy, have a good diet, not overweight, and I dont smoke. I'm now trying my fourth BP med which is now benicar/HCT. I know virtually nothing of this medication. Can anyone speak from experience of this medication or what is helpful to them in keeping BP numbers down. Mine appears to be stressed induced and its not getting any better.

Annie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi kaz40,

I would encourage you to look up your various medications that you've tried and what you are using now (as well as any other medication or supplement) by clicking on the Drugs and Supplements link at the top of this page.

We also have a WebMD Hypertension and High Blood Pressure Exchange and a WebMD Heart Disease Exchange for more help with your questions.

- Annie

susiemargaret responded:
hello, K --

here is the webMD info page for benicar HCT/ olmesartan/hydrochlorothiazide -- http://www.webmd.com/drugs/drug-76391-Benicar HCT Oral.aspx?drugid=76391&drugname=Benicar HCT Oral&source=2 .

you might also want to look at the user reviews for it -- http://www.webmd.com/drugs/drugreview-76391-Benicar HCT Oral.aspx?drugid=76391&drugname=Benicar HCT Oral&sortby=3 .

you can find webMD info pages for any drug by going to the blue bar across the top of the page, hovering over "drugs and supplements," then choosing "find a drug" from the dropdown menu. when you click on that, you are taken to a page where you can enter the name of the drug you are interested in.

please keep us posted on how you are doing.

-- susie margaret

Helpful Tips

Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.