Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
LEFT SIDE PAIN
An_226039 posted:
I have been having pain on my left side for about 4months. The pain starts from neck, goes down to my chest, then my shoulders, down my leg and ends at my foot. My foot goes numb sometimes too. I am afraid to go to the doctor. Does anyone have any idea of what I am going through?

Annie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Anon_3681,

Even if you are afraid to go to the doctor, that's the only way you can be diagnosed to find out what is wrong. You mention that you've had pain for 4 months and that it starts in your neck and goes down one leg to your foot and that you have foot numbness.

I want to suggest that you use the WebMD search engine with "back pain" and neck pain" as the keywords as those articles may be helpful before your doctor visit.

We also have a WebMD Back Pain Exchange that you may want to post on for more help.

- Annie

susiemargaret responded:
hello, A --

even tho it is scary to contemplate going to the dr, it is always better to know than to not know. you won't be able to do anything about this unless you first find out what is causing it or what it might be a symptom of.

because of the nature of this pain, the wisest plan might be to see a neurologist.

please keep us posted on how you are doing.

-- susie margaret

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.