Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Stomach Pain, appendicitis?
Cremallero posted:
I'm a 19 y/o male, this morning on my way to class I experienced a severe almost stabbing pain in my stomach. So much to the extent that I needed to pull over and rest for a good 18-20 minutes for the pain to subside enough so that I can drive back home. When I got back home I fell asleep. Since I have eaten dinner, but now find myself with some stomach discomfort. i have had no bowel movements today, I am not hungry, and have a headache. Any help would be great. Thank you

susiemargaret responded:
hello, C --

i'm sorry i didn't see your post until today, and i hope you are still following it.

what has happened since your stomach episode of last week? did it go away; did you see a dr?

my inclination is to say that if you have another episode, particularly if it is close in time to this one, you should consult your dr.

altho i am not a medical person, the way you describe the pain you had, and its location, does not sound as acute and disabling as i think appendicitis would be. however, if you have any doubt, either call your dr or go to the ER.

please keep us posted on how you are doing.

-- susie margaret

Cremallero replied to susiemargaret's response:
Thank you for your words Susie.

Since last weeks episode it has settled down a measurable amount, however there have been some odd things occurring. Most notably is the pain in my mouth, in the back on the left hand side has been throbbing a tremendous amount. My teeth are completely fine, and there is no sore present, yet the pain is rather persistent. I also have been waking up with some very uneasy stomach aches, although they subside later in the date. I'm not sure if the two are connected, however if by some means they are, I figure I post it on here and get some insight. Thanks again for your help.
-Alex

susiemargaret replied to Cremallero's response:
hello again, alex --

persistent pain for no apparent reason needs to be investigated. please see a dr as soon as you can.

you might also want to repost this Q on the "digestive disorders" exchange, http://exchanges.webmd.com/digestive-disorders-exchange .

i hope that you will continue to let us know how you are doing.

-- susie margaret

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.