Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Stroke or What
mammb posted:
I'M 49 years oid. Last Nov. I had a series of mini strokes then a stroke.Every month since I have been in hospital with same symtoms,weakness on left side. wobbling legs when I stand up , headache, tingling in face, dizziness, spacial perception. Every time I go back to hospital they tell me something different. One time it was emotional conversion disorder. one time it was complicated migrains. I have had numorous MRI'S I at a loss what to do. I am taking Physical Therapy. The last time I went the Dr increased my plavix.I am taking numrous medicatons.. HELP PLEASE!!!

lovelumpy responded:
I'm 35 with fibromyalgia. Diagnosed in 2004 with 27 doctores then I can feel your frustration. I have had so many problems since and ongoing. I keep adding to my list and currently have intense back and kneck pain. They say its arthritus. I couldnt walk or bend over for 2 weeks and they gave me an MRI, Xrays and pain meds that DONT work. Anyway my point is dont give up! Keep trying. Maybe a 2nd, or 3rd opinion. I had 6. Have they sent you to a nuerologist? It seems these days pills are all the answeres to our many ailments, but in my experience it just adds another problem. Not knowing or not getting answeres is the most frustrating feeling. Look up symptons and take answers to your pcp and start crossing of that list. Atleast you will know what you dont have. I thought of your spine or brain when i saw your syptoms. I am NO Dr. but do your homework. The symptons may not be caused by one issue. It may be 2 or 3 or maybe one causes another then another. I hope you find relief and answeres. I am still searching 6 years later and learned to take my health into my own hands. One thing I can tell you that has made a huge difference on my journey is my PCP. I have a wonderful relationship with him and he puts 45 minutes aside for me every 2 weeks. A doctor you can trust and will listen to you. You may have to try a few but they are out there. If you need help with anything let me know. I wish you the best.
Sincerelly,
Someone who understands Bubs03055@yahoo.com

IQnodegree responded:
I had similar symptoms, went to the doctor, he shrugged his shoulders and thought I was crazy. You know like a fishing weight hanging on my eyelid, left cheek gained 50 pounds and was pulling down my face.

Well my husband was diagnosed with lung cancer, my daughter was telling me outside and I had a stroke right in front of her. 99% blockage in my carotid artery with a clot! Lucky me had it right outside of a hospital. Then because I got immediate treatment and no paralysis I was told it was a TIA not a stroke. Duh! The short term memory loss, the other brain cells I lost which have to do with processing information, and the fact that 13 years later I still don't pick up my right foot and trip on flat floors doesn't count. I also had to reteach myself my math by learning quilting. I never did that so the math went with the quilting in new cells that weren't used before. When I tried to relearn math the way I originally learned it I was trying to use cells that didn't exist any more! But, my egotistical surgeon said there wasn't anything wrong with me because he FIXED me. So I responded, "Gee, I didn't realize you took out my uterus?"

susiemargaret responded:
hello, M --

you may want to repost this Q at the "stroke" exchange, http://exchanges.webmd.com/stroke-exchange , to get some additional responses.

my own suggestion is that you see a neurologist if you are not already seeing one. if you are already seeing one, it might be time to get a fresh perspective by consulting a different neurologist.

please keep us posted on how you are doing.

-- susie margaret

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.