Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    When to Help Yourself from a BiPolar Partner
    RoseAdam posted:
    There is absolutely no reason that you stand for someone threatening
    you or throwing things at you. The Bipolar person needs expert
    help, like a HOSPITAL. Loving a person doesn't say okay do what
    you want. Loving someone is not easy, sometimes you have to do
    what is best for them, even if they don't like it. You can always call
    the police and explain the situation before they arrive.

    I will pray for both of you. P. S. When he comes around, he will
    realize you were "loving" helping him......Don't be afraid to do the
    right thing.
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful
    Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
    RoseAdam, thank you so much for sharing your opinion with us. You are definitely right that any kind of abuse is unacceptable.

    For anyone who might need some Crisis Resources , here's some available toll-free, 24 hours a day. Please do reach out for help in your own community, even the police, to keep yourself safe.

    Yours in health,


    Helpful Tips

    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

    Helpful Resources

    Be the first to post a Resource!

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.