Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Irregular period
PixxiShadow posted:
My period has always been a bit irregular mostly just skipping a couple of months which I've gotten use to. This month it started out light but was fairly consistent. It seemed to last the usual time for me, about 7 days and two days later it came back and was a little heavier. It's now going on 3 weeks and while it's back to being a lighter flow it still hasn't really stopped. The last time something like this happened was back in April and it pretty much lasted for the whole month. I moved from New York to New Hampshire in May and I still don't have Medicaid yet which is why I haven't seen a doctor.
My main concern is the fact that I have very little energy which I think is a result of this prolonged period. I recently started watching what I eat to help me lose weight but now I'm wondering if that's such a good idea at this particular time. I'm not sure how to keep my energy levels up while not straying too far off course with my "diet"

RoseLynn02 responded:
Don't worry about your diet until you get this constant period under control. You can go to a hospital without having insurance & they wont turn you away & they will treat you. I know it sucks when you get the bill, but when it's an emergency it's worth it & I would say this is an emergency.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been on BC pills for 16 years so I get my period every 28 days.Recently I had an abnormal pap smear and have to go see an OBGYN to see if there...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.