Skip to content
PCOS
Zaneta4012 posted:
Hi, Iam 29 yrs old and in my early 20s I was diagnosed with PCOS. Finally about 1 1/2 yrs ago I began to bleed, some days were heavy, some days were light, but I did not stop bleeding. When I got assisted insurance I went to an OB/GYN and was put on Metformin, was told that it has been shown to help women with PCOS. Through the whole process that took about 7 months, I told the OB/GYN that my goal was to get pregnant. I was told that we had to wait a little and then see what the options are, the whole time I bled on and off an average of 4 to 5 days a week, every week. I did not stop, went back spoke to the doctor and I was very adament about something needing to be done about the bleeding, but I was told there is nothing I can do, and nothing she could do to stop the bleeding. It has been about a year and 7 months i am still bleeding. I am anemic, weak, depressed and very frustrated. My assisted insurance has run out and I have moved to another state. I dont have a job yet and no insurance, I dont have the funds to go to a doctor and pay , and I countinue to bleed. I have a wonderful fiance who has been with me through the whole thing, but I am at my witts end. I cant stop bleeding, and I dont know what to do. I want to have a child, but more I want to start living normally again. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Sorry this is so long, I hope that someone can help

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been on BC pills for 16 years so I get my period every 28 days.Recently I had an abnormal pap smear and have to go see an OBGYN to see if there...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.