Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Unexplained joint pain and a severe outbreak of purple blisters/sores
An_246776 posted:
Two years ago I gradually broke out in blisters all over my right leg, some even appeared on my back. They hurt and some grew to be as big as a quarter. The bad ones were deep purple in the center and red around and kept growing larger. Not only did I have blisters but I would also break out in hives on my hands, arms and legs. After I began breaking out in blisters, my legs began swelling and I had considerable joint pain. It was painful to stand and walk. I went to my PCP and she couldn't explain what was wrong with me and directed me to a dermatologist who also couldn't explain my blisters or leg pain. Finally I went to an allergy doctor who tested me for a large spectrum of allergies, which resulted in nothing more than learning I was allergic to dust....After about two months my blisters went away using a cream my dermatologist gave me. I was also put on two types of pills which I can't recall, one was an antibiotic. My joint pain went away but my hives lingered on for a bit. I ended up having scars all over my right leg and a few on my back. One on the back of my ankle was especially bad and is now a crater-like scar (sorry that sounds gross). Has anyone else experienced something like this? Even though these symptoms have not appeared again in the last two years, it scares me to think it might happen again.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been on BC pills for 16 years so I get my period every 28 days.Recently I had an abnormal pap smear and have to go see an OBGYN to see if there...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.