Skip to content
Period has gone CRAZY!!!
tasham1217 posted:
I'm 28 and sexually active. I have only had one partner and we have been together for 10 years. I haven't been on birth control for well over a year. My period has always been very regular (7days), maybe a little heavy at times and somewhat painful, but always on time. My last normal period was December 21st (start date). (Yeah I know, over 3 months ago but I've been really scared to go to the doctor - I'm kind of a Hypochondriac. I was hoping it would work itself out and go back to normal).
*Anyway..... in January and February, during the same time I would have normally started my period, i only had brown discharge (only on when I wiped) for 3 days and then nothing. I didn't have any of the normal stuff like, breast tenderness, bloating, etc. but I did become very edgy, had hot flashes and cried over nothing the entire 2 month duration).
*In March, I didn't have any discharge but I still remained very edgy, emotional and had hot flashes.
*On April 1st my breasts became very sore and i started to feel slightly crampy and very bloated as well as having the same brown discharge, only when I wiped.
*On April 2nd I started spotting blood on the toilet paper so I put a tampon in, figuring it was going to be really heavy. I took the tampon out and it didn't have any blood just brown discharge. Almost like the tampon stopped the bleeding (It was strange). So since then it has been off and on, from spotting only on the toilet paper to same brown discharge.
I really have no idea what is going on and started making appointments today but nobody can get me in for a week. Any information that you may have is greatly appreciated!!!! Thanks a million:)

bettyboop71 responded:
did you use protection when having sex? have you taken a pregnancy test? some women have the brown discharge when in early pregnancy and also the crazy pg hormones can cause the hot flashes. if I were you I would go buy a pregnancy test to be sure you are or are not so that you can start prenatal care.
good luck!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Seems like after I quit smoking and drinking my body has fell apart. I had to have a hystrorectomy in 2007 but I had always had trouble with my period...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.