Skip to content
Latex Allergy
An_224672 posted:
Does anyone else have a latex allery to condoms, that could tell me about the healing process? My actual vagina doesn't hurt but the area I guess you call it "tant" its tender. I have only had one sexual partner, my husband. we don't have any std's. I just need some knowledge.

SunConure responded:
I can't use latex comdoms either, they make my skin very red, swollen, and it hurts! You will have to give it a couple days to feel better, if your symptoms don't go away or get worse you'll have to go see your OB/GYN. One time I had to wait a week before we could even have sex I got so irritated by them. We don't use condoms a whole lot anymore since I have an IUD in, but when we do use condoms we use Trojan Supra's, they are polyurethane instead of latex, they are also very thin so they feel better then a normal condom. I can find them just about anywhere that would sell condoms, so try them out next time, I bet they work for you!!
An_224673 replied to SunConure's response:
I have the same thing. I am allergic to latex, and everytime I use one it gets swelled up like little sausages but usually goes away by morning (for me is not long. I'm not the type of girl to have sex in the middle of the day so it's usually movie time then sleep afterwards)...

However, you also might by allergic to the spermicides on some of the condums. You can go to your OB/GYN or a family doctors office to get tested to see if you're allergic to latex or the spermicides. The boxes will tell you if it is non-latex and if it has spermicides.

If you can't get tested for any reason, and/or you can not find any of these products, consider going on a good birth control pill..


Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a 23 year old single mother, born and raised in Orange County, CA but recently exiled to Riverside, CA. I'm very open about health and wel...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.