Skip to content
Strep B Vaginal Infection (Not Pregnant) HELP!
Nine19 posted:
Has anyone had or is currently having issues with a strep b vaginal infection? Any insight is appreciated.

I have had a persistent burning in and around my vagina for the last three months. It is accompanied by a clear watery discharge, at times can be stretchy, but its ALOT. I can see small bubbles in it at times. It is on going burning sensation and it does not stop. My regular doctor kept telling me that everything looked normal and kept giving me diflucan saying i may have yeast on the outside of my vagina. I finally got so uncomfortable that i asked to see an OBGYN.

My obgyn has done two cultures and they both came back positive for Strep B. I have head STD checks and urinalysis they are all normal. Hes given me a round of clindamycin and two rounds of flagyl. He told me to use Domboro soultion on a wash cloth to use as a compress, to ease the burning. None of this has helped one bit. Im now on day 7 out of day 14 of boric acid suppositories, it has not helped at all.

I am so upset, nothing is helping. Its coming up on four months of this constant burning. It hurts to walk, I cant have sex with my fiance anymore because it is unbearable. I cant take this anymore. When I was having sex, we were using condoms (after learning of the positive strep culture), just incase we are passing it back and forth. Is that a likely scenerio? Although if we are using condoms, we wouldn't be passing it back and forth it should have gone away already!!

Why wont it go away? What can i do or take? Im worried that something is seriously wrong with me, because my immune system isn't fixing this? HELP!!
321ssimms responded:
I would go back to the doctor. some of those test can give a false negative due to any meds (including birthcontrol). make sure you haven't changed soap brands(body and clothes). u can also develope allergies to fabric and drinks, and because that is a sensative area it could cause irritation. i would bring it up. if you still can't any relieve i would ask for a second opinion and have your o.b. give u a referal.
i hope this helps some way.

Spotlight: Member Stories

i am 23 years and a born and raised californian. i'm here to get some insight on my own health issues and to give my input on things other people ...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.