Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1. Head over to this page:

    2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at

    Includes Expert Content
    Differnt ADHD Medications
    beanma posted:
    I have a crazy question. Does anyone know if any ADHD medication comes in any other form besides a pill. I am having GREAT difficulty every day getting my daughter to take her medicine. She can not swallow the pill and she says the pwder part taste bad and she just does not want to take it. Does anyone have any sugestions that could help me with this.
    Thank You
    momuv4girls responded:
    The Daytrana patch may be an option, and I believe there is a liquid form of another med.

    Call and ask your daughter's Dr. for an alternative - there are other options out there.

    motherofrob responded:
    LOVE the Daaytrana patch. The patch can be placed while the child is asleep also so its effects are in the system when the child wakes up.
    Patricia Quinn, MD responded:
    As previously stated your options are Daytrana, Methylin Oral Suspension, and opening some of the capsules that contain beads that can be sprinkled on food.

    Pat Quinn, MD

    Featuring Experts

    My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

    Helpful Tips

    Cold hands from adderall for my add
    How do I get my hands not to be freezing from adderall? More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

    Helpful Resources

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.