Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/brain-nervous-system-disorder/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Non-Family Question
    An_262291 posted:
    Greetings - we work in a museum with elderly docents. One of our regulars for years now is showing signs of forgetfulness, short temper, screwing up tasks she's done wonderfully for years, and combative with the other people on her team (same ones for many years). This past week, she pushed a rolling rack into one of her coworkers, apparently intentionally. Her coworker no longer wants to work with her. We're not sure how to handle it, especially since she's not a family member. I'm not sure if we're familiar with her family members or not. I feel approaching her on it will set her off. Suggestions?

davedsel2 responded:
    I believe this would be best discussed with the docent's supervisor. If that is you, then discuss this with the museum curator or director. The family will need to be notified of this behavior, but it also needs to be addressed. The supervisor or museum curator/manager needs to discuss this with the docent in private and in person asap, IMHO.
    Please click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

davedsel2 replied to davedsel2's response:
    Also be aware that until a person is officially diagnosed with any form of Dementia, such as Alzheimer's Disease, they ARE legally responsible for their actions and should be held accountable. After an official diagnosis, that legal responsibility is gone and they CAN NOT be held responsible for their actions.

This is further reason that management needs to address this issue asap and inform the family.
    Please click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

Helpful Tips

need tips- dad moving in with alzhemers
    My dad is moving this weekend with Alzheimers any helpful tips or info would be helpful.. I wish I knew... More
    Was this Helpful?
    8 of 16 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.