Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/brain-nervous-system-disorder/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

I need a professional opinion.
    floridapoolbum posted:
    In 2010, I was diagnoised with Cerebral Atrophy. This morning, I was cooking breakfast in the apartment that I have been living in for a couple months. It was kind of dark near the stove. I looked up to see if this room had a ceiling light. A moment later, realizing where I was, I started laughing about it. Shortly after, I got really sad as I realized that my memory was slipping away from me. Is this typical with Cerebral Athrophy? How soon, on average, will it be before I lose my ability to fiction, doing daily tasks?

davedsel2 responded:
    Hello.

I am so sorry for what your are going through.

Unfortunately, no doctor replies to posts in this community. It is against the rules in all WebMD communities to provide any type of medical advice.

The best person to answer your question is a neurologist that specializes in dementia and disorders like yours. That type of doctor can give you an accurate prognosis and recommend effective treatment options.

I pray you find answers soon.

t
    Please click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

floridapoolbum replied to davedsel2's response:
    I was,hoping that this might get forwarded to a doctor and they would contact me and hopeful schedule an exam.

davedsel2 replied to floridapoolbum's response:
    Unfortunately, that is not how any WebMD community works. You need to be proactive, do your research and find a doctor that will help you.
    Please click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

Helpful Tips

Alzheimer Awareness Week- Nurture IndependenceExpert
    Today, July 12th, ends Alzheimer Awareness Week and it was more than coincidental that it coincided with July 4th, Independence Day. ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    15 of 25 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.