Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/brain-nervous-system-disorder/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

OT - For Carol
    davedsel2 posted:
    Hi, Carol.

I just wanted you to know that I have requested that my account be deleted from WebMD. I will no longer be a member. In other communities I have been attacked and am tired of all the spam and lack of moderation. This site has become too stressful for me.

I've enjoyed our discussions.
    Please click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave
    FirstPrevious12NextLast

cjh1203 responded:
    I hope you see this, Dave. I'm really sorry you've run into some nasty people on this site --you don't deserve such treatment.

I'm going to miss you very much! It's been just the two of us here for such a long time, and you always gave the occasional visitor thoughtful and useful advice.

I'm glad you're doing so well with your new hip and hope the second one will give you a new lease on life.

It's hard to say goodbye. My best wishes for you always.

Carol

davedsel2 replied to cjh1203's response:
    Hi, Carol.

Well, my account is still active so I've logged back in. I will try to ignore and report any attacks and mostly just read posts in the communities.

My right hip incision is now fully healed. Left hip will be done in October and I am looking forward to the relief I will get from that.

Thank you so much for your kind words. I will watch this community and reply as I can.

Blessings,

-Dave

cjh1203 replied to davedsel2's response:
    I'm glad you're staying, Dave -- it would be pretty lonely here without you.

Glad that you're all healed, too, and that the end of this is in sight. Can't believe that October is looming! You'll feel like a new man for the holidays.

It's nice to see you again.

Carol

Just got the call from the surgeon's office - my left hip replacement surgery is scheduled for November 16. He is not available at my preferred hospital until the, but it will be worth the wait. Three days in hospital, then several weeks of at-home therapy.

Blessings,

-Dave

You must be so happy to have a firm date scheduled, Dave, even if it's a little later than you'd hoped. It's nice to know what's ahead of you, too, so you don't have the apprehension about the unknown to deal with.

Carol

Hi Dave-

Are you still scheduled for your hip replacement on the 16th? How are you doing with your other new hip?

Hope all is going well!

Carol

Hi, Carol.

Yes, my left hip replacement surgery is this coming Monday, 11/16. The pain in the left hip has gotten worse and starting to affect my right hip a bit.

I'm not looking forward to more surgery, but I am looking forward to the relief I will feel afterwards.

Thank you very much for asking.

Blessings,

-Dave

I'll be thinking about you, Dave. At least this time, you know what you'll be dealing with, and that the result will be worth it. I have felt like a whole new person since my second hip replacement.

When you feel up to it, I hope you'll post an update.

Very best wishes-
    Carol

I came home yesterday and am receiving therapy at home. Surgery went well but the left hip was also very bad. I'm having trouble with pain management as I have had allergic reactions to narcotic pain medication in pill form. I just sent my surgeon a message to see if they can try something like morphine in liquid form which I had in the hospital for my last hip replacement without a reaction.

All in all I am doing well and on the road to full recovery.

Thank you so much for thinking of me, Carol.

Blessings,

-Dave

You must be so thrilled to have both surgeries behind you, Dave. I hope you've been given something by now that will keep your pain under control. How weird that you're allergic to something in pill form that you can tolerate in liquid form.

You should feel like a whole new person by Christmas! I hope your recovery continues smoothly and quickly.

Carol

The only thing they suggested is to ice regularly. I've been doing that and it is helping. Each day is a bit better most of the time and eventually I will have much less pain.

Blessings,

-Dave

davedsel2 replied to davedsel2's response:
    Hi, Carol.

Now that the communities seem to be working better I thought I would give you an update. My incision pain is much better and I am active in the house and going places with my wife. I'm still getting home p.t. 2-3 times per week but that will end next week. I am doing very well and am thrilled with the results.

I hope you are doing well also.

Blessings,

-Dave

You beat me to it, Dave! I've been trying to post for ages, asking how you were doing, so thank you for the update.

I'm so happy to hear how well you're doing and how thrilled you are with the outcome! It's a whole new world, isn't it?

I hope you had a good Thanksgiving, and that everything else is going well for you. You must be looking forward to feeling better for Christmas than you have for a long time.

Stay in touch.

Carol

Carol, it is definitely a whole new world for me now. I am doing things I have not been able to do for years like sweeping, Swiffering and applying Orange Glo to our hardwood floors. I can do just about anything that does not involve bending more than 90 degrees. Still have to wait a few more months for that.

Take care.

Blessings,

-Dave

Helpful Tips

Wonder how to amuse your loved one with Alzheimer
    Check out this free craft project. I have done this with a group at a nursing home where i do crafts and they had a ball. Thought I would ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    9 of 17 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.