Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1.Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/mental-health/

2.Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Includes Expert Content
    I feel like i'm going crazy
    Meinlvr25 posted:
    So I was just wondering if anyone else ever feels like they think they have something other then anxiety or panic attacks!! Sometimes I often think that I have something more wrong with me like my body actually feels weird, I was just wondering if this was part of anxiety/ panic, I just sometimes get sooooo over whelmed that I think my body actually does go through some short of weird state and it's making itself think there is something more wrong?! Like how when you have a panic attack and you fell like you can't breath even though you can.........i just get werid twitches all over my body and sometimes my muscles hurt cause i get sooo tense mostly in my arms and neck............which has lead me to think i have MS?? I just want to know that i'm not crazy, and it's all in my head!! Please help i need someone to asure me that i'm okay, if anyone has related problems let me know?!

mykeey responded:
    I too has had the same feelings in the last two years. I get dizzy feel light headed, shaky, chest pains and very insecure even to the point of taking the next step. I went to go see every doctor concerning chest pains. I thought I was gonna have a heart attack. In my head I thought is this a heart attack or a panic attack. Since my heart is racing, dizzy, chest pains, etc.... name it I thought I have medical problem. I started to become a homebody and did not want to leave the house just in case something might happen. I decided to go see a dr and a therapist. My dr said my heart is fine so I started to exercise more. Like someone mentioned in the posts.. the Linden Method did help for me but to help me further along was reading the book "The Feeling Good Handbook" by David Burns. Both Linden Method and the book is teaching me to trust and discount my thoughts that they are just thoughts. I know movies show people just collapsing but I realized that my doctor knows me better than the movie does. As someone else mentioned, my faith has helped me the most once I learned to TRUST. I trust what God has in store for me. Things are much better and just like a diet. I accept my days when I fall back down. I just remember to pick myself back up. Having the support system (writing, friends, family, my faith, and tools learned from Linden Method and The Feeling Good Handbook) worked for me. I wish you well and remember these are just thoughts. Good Luck.

STARKBLS responded:
    Scorpio84, I have exactly the same symptoms you do. I don't understand why I will be fine for several months, then suddenly all my symptoms return. I will finally feel like I am getting better, then BAM, it's back. It's the blacking out part that bothers me the most. I am afraid I will be driving with my child .Does exercising help you? I don't really have attacks, I will just feel the way you do for weeks on end 24/7. Xanax does seem to help, but who wants to take it all the time??!!

cool_nana responded:
    I feel like this sometimes to and it makes me feel like I am going crazy...sometime I get the muscles cramps that goes down my arm and leg at the same time and it makes me think that I am having a heart attack or something. I need to go to the doctor but I am afraid that he will think that it is in my head. After about 30 mins to an hr I feel ok but during the attack or whatever it is scary. Renee

cool_nana responded:
    I feel like this sometimes to and it makes me feel like I am going crazy...sometime I get the muscles cramps that goes down my arm and leg at the same time and it makes me think that I am having a heart attack or something. I need to go to the doctor but I am afraid that he will think that it is in my head. After about 30 mins to an hr I feel ok but during the attack or whatever it is scary. Renee

worriedconfusedinla responded:
    hey everyone my goodness after reading all the post on here its nice to know im not the only one with all these symptoms i was diagnosed with anxiety/panic back in october of 2008 anxiety can manifest it self in so many ways its strange ive had 4 ekgs blood work i couldnt tell you how many times xrays of the chest everything is fine i do opt for the meds and thereapy im on 1mg of klonopin 20mg of celexa i do take ambien to sleep at night 10 mg of the generic which is a waste of time and i see a therapist also ive just learned how to deal with i call it surfing when you have an anxiety attack i ride it out cause i know i will be fine in the end but im convinced i will probally be on meds for a while which is ok its helps me out a lot i find also the anxiety and panic will bother my sinuses and ears which is where the sometimes dizzyness and lightheadedness comes went to a ent everything fine its very frustrating and a good thing at the same time when you find out nothing is wrong i still find it so hard to believe that anxiety / panic can cause all of this but stress can do so much to the body you would be surprised i just wish there was 1 little pill you could take or a shot to make it all go away i think its bad is when i sometimes get insomia does this happen to others i hate being on meds bu for now if it helps then so be it has to be ive asked my therapist if i should get off them she said not at this time and i have a genral doctor that specaliazies in anxiety bp stoke patients hes really good and he said no stay on meds but i can relate to everybody on here its so nice to know im not alone its a real disorder and when you tell someone that doesnt know anything about it they give you a funny or strange look in the beginning i wouldnt leave my house or drive finally got over that ordeal i sure didnt wanna be homebound so i watch what i eat not to much caffine excersise read and doing some gardening since its getting warm here in louisiana takes your mind off of things anyway good luck to everyone nice to hear from others on here

lostgrrrl responded:
    Wow, unbelievable response:-) Everyday I feel more and more like I have completely lost it, become a a paranoid hypochondriac, or am just absolutely dying.

alex9582 responded:
    HI, I feel like my muscle are going crazy, my chest, my heart, neck head, arms, stomach, back are all contracting all the time they go from my chest to my back to my neck, last time I went to the doctor they even did an electrocardiogram and it was ok, they want to do a stress test, (500) dls, just the test, they only gave me acetaminofen and is doing nothing, I feel also that is affecting my breathing, please help me tell me at least where to go, they say is a panic attack due to stress, I still don't believe this so called panic attack is this horrible, sometimes I feel like I am about to faint or my heart is failing, but I think is all over my muscles, if you know of a place that I can go, please just let me know, I am desperate, heeeelp

troma618 responded:
    have the same problems only i make myself feel like i am having a heart attack. my body feels like its gonna just fall sometimes and i am gonna pass out. i start sweating its all normal but to us its the end.

NuniRacing responded:
    hey was up man i have had anxiety and panic for about 2 and a half years now this is killing me i constantly keep thinking that there is something physically wrong with me my heart is always going fast and i cant relaxes i get this weird sick feelings that i cant explain and they just knock me 2 bed i just wanted 2 get ur opinio or see if u felt like this, when i would get a panic attack it would start with this cold feeling going up my spine and into my head with a feeling that i was going 2 pass out and my heart will raise and i felt like i couldent breath

NuniRacing responded:
    hey was up i just wanted 2 ask what does the chiropractor do is it like therapy on ur back, when i get a panik attack it starts with a cold feeling going up my spine into my head with a feeling that i was going 2 pass out and my heart would go fast and alot of other symptoms i was just woundering if u had any similar symptoms, what were some of ur syptoms

missapete09 responded:
    how has the celexa been for you so far. I started taking it but I couldn't sleep. I don't know if it was me or if it was the meds. i need some advice on what to do. If it is the meds will the insomnia ever go away. I am in nursing school and I am deprived of sleep as is. ty

smartin9 responded:
    I know people who have had good luck with CBT (that is basically a counselor that specializes in cognitive behavior therapy) and they help people with anxiety or ocd. Look and see if you have one in your area that you can talk to. You do not have to live this way.

shawnee7777 responded:
    when i feel overwhelmed i get alot of aches and pains.mostly in my shoulders and neck .but i get back aches and headaches as well. ive been told by my doctor this is common and that i have to find a relaxation technique that works for me. but im still looking. it sounds like you have the problem i have.i tense up when im stressed and when the stress passes the aches come. but a doctor could tell you more . i wouldnt think what you explained sounds like a serious illness. if you absolutely believe somethings wrong you should see your doctor. ya know?

coko26 responded:
    No you are not crazy that is causes by anxiety .

cheryll37 responded:
    too feel weird all the time too as we speak .i have so many aches and pains its not funny.so tired of this

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Useful tip
    If you Start to get anxious Blow your tumb it helps More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 3 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.