Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1.Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/mental-health/

2.Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Unclassified/Undiagnosed disorder?
    justin96 posted:
    So I've been dealing with anxiety and panic attacks my whole life. I started on ativan, that didn't work because it wasn't long term, so my old psych put me onto klonopin all between the age of 15-16, was weaned off and off of it for 6 months. After that I got a second opinion as to what it could be. They put me back on klonopin (about 4 weeks ago) due to my chronic panic attacks (there was never a hour I didn't have one). But at this point I'm curious to what else is wrong. I feel like im in a dream state day in, and day out. I have a regular sleep schedule of usually 9pm - 6-9am daily and have no issues with sleep (that I know of). I have black out moments where I have no idea what I did unless a friend told me what happened. (I don't see my new psych anywhere from 3 weeks to a month, yet I see my therapist weekly and have brought this to their attention.)

I know klonopin isn't good, but I've tried so many SSRIs and other medications that klonopins are the only beneficial factor. I'm simply just simply living like this. I'm willing to live with the side effects if I can atleast be panic attack free. Granted I have panic attacks in a life scenario, if someone were sick, life emergency, etc. I can't go out in public for too long otherwise I feel I get light headed and feel like I'm going to feint or my spirit is getting ripped out of my body and freak out and have to go home.

I have random mood swings. I lost my father back in '13 and everything is literally just getting worst. I've tried taking myself out of situations, changing things, just anything to disregard any simple triggers that may cause it, yet its still a continuous thing. I've tried hospitalization but I can't stand to be "locked up" for more than a day and discharge myself. I literally just feel like I'm in a dream state and nothing is real. It's nearly impossible to explain but I just don't feel alive, I seriously feel like a walking ghost and I absolutely hate it. I also suffer depression which is rough (never been suicidal) just sick of living like this all in all.

At this point I'm looking for a 3rd opinion (not looking to wait another 2-3 months to get into to a new psychiatrist) to help resolve and maybe even pinpoint whatever the mental health issue may be. I appreciate all input and disagreements, at this point I'm just looking for help from the comfort of my own home.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

hangover anxiety
    I have been having the exact same problem. I used to get a mild anxiety each time I had a hangover but it was always something I could deal ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    2 of 3 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.