Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1.Head over to this page:

    2.Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

    This just started happening a year ago heart racing 100 bpm + or - and it hurts
    An_267392 posted:
    its been happening on and off for about a year
    I saw a whole bunch of heart people at the hospital
    and they want to burn a little bit of my heart at the top surgically
    I don't want the Dr`s to touch my eyes or my spine and I don't think I want them fooling with my heart either
    Ok this is what I want to do but I'm no Dr

    could I ask for something like oxycoden for anxiety I have been on Zoloft but that stuff made me ill and I was on Zoloft before this, (what I believe is anxiety)

    I need something to loosen me up at the end of the day but not alcohol
    I have fibrosis of the liver from hepatitis

    I'm exhausted from work and taking care of family and if I don't address this high heart rate soon I think it just might turn into a heart attack
    An_267393 responded:
    I highly doubt that any doctor will prescribe Oxy for anxiety due to the rampant abuse of it. I would get another opinion from a doctor. Propranolol is used for racing hearts and anxiety. Maybe try looking into that.

    Featuring Experts

    Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

    Helpful Tips

    Useful tip
    If you Start to get anxious Blow your tumb it helps More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 3 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.