Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1.Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/mental-health/

2.Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]md.net

Anxiety issues! But is their something else wrong???
    katy9900 posted:
    Hello I am a female 23 yrs old and was diagnosed with anxiety about 2 yrs ago... I have had this since as young as I can remember but I think there's more wrong....

As a child I would spend all my free time in school locked into the bathroom and was afraid of all the other kids.... But slowly would start to communicate after 3-4 yrs of knowing someone...

Now that I am older and out of school... I have tried several different meds for my social anxiety and found that they have helped some...

I'm not sure if everything I have is all the "Social Anxiety" or not?

Ever since I was young I lied about stuff to my parents I lied about getting hurt I sometimes would purposely hurt my self and tell them one of the animals did it or I would tell them I seen a person in the woods...etc I still am lying to this day I feel the urge to make up random stories that don't benefit me like saying I heard a store got robbed (when I didn't) or telling a story about someone abusing a animal (that wasn't true) I make up these sorta lies daily and go into great detail sometimes...

Also I feel EXTREMELY embarrassed to tell anyone I have social anxiety even ppl the closest to me...

When I get in bed at night I can't sleep and I think about everything I didn't do or complete that day and somethings I can't sleep unless I get up and complete them...

I have a copy cat personality if I was a movie of a girls who talks fast all the time I find myself the next day talking fast trying to copy how she talks.... or I will copy someone's routine that I have seen like if they run in the morning then all of a sudden I feel the need to want to run in the morning....

And EVERYTHING seems so hard to do sometimes, simple things like washing a cup out when I'm thirsty I would rather get in the car drive 5 minutes and buy a plastic tthrow away cup and come home and use that rather than just wash a cup out...? Or if my phone is dying and I'm watching tv or doing anything else it will feel SOOO annoying to have to go plug it in!!!

I also have horrible trouble waking up in the morning and I forget stuff all the time! I will get out of my car to go back in the house because I forgot my phone and by the time I unlock the door and go inside I will have forgotten what I went inside for...

I have all these things bad too now and I don't know what is wrong with me? I feel like I am never gonna be able to be normal and not be afraid of others or not be able to have a normal life because of these problems that I know are not right!!!

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Dr. Farrell's WebMD TV videosExpert
    Dr. Farrell has a series of 12 videos that cover everything from your need for sleep, inheriting anxiety disorders, positive self-talk and ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    68 of 85 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.