Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1.Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/mental-health/

2.Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Depression,Anxiety, A life long sentence?
    Jewelz32412 posted:
    For many I think it is,maybe even for most. For me it definitely is. And I'm tired, I'm tired of felling it everyday,all day, 365 days a year for most of my life. And I'm 48. I'm tired,so so so terribly tired. I'm tired of waiting for that big panic attack to happen and fearing when it will come. Will it be when we're out with friends or maybe at dinner. Wait maybe at the grocery store,or ,or,or.....There's always an or in there somewhere. My brain never shuts up,I have to keep it busy or my thoughts run where ever they want. All day long this happens, I'm acutely aware of my surroundings at all times,and sometimes highly annoyed by them. Loud noices,repetitive tapping,continual barking from the dog, my husband sleeping in the chair next to me and snoring I'm highly sensitive to and will send my anxiety sky rocketing. Other times,I can be TOTALY fine,all is right with the world and out of nowhere I'm in the mitts of a full blown Anxiety attack crushing down on me so hard that I just want to die so it will end. One would think that since I've lived with this most my life,I'd know how to handle all this,right.... Wrong. Because even though when in your sound mind you know you are fine and your ok when in the throws of it all logic goes out the window and crashes like a ton of bricks on the ground below. You seem to have lost all controll over everything in your body and your body has taken over and has not consulted you. Your thoughts,feelings and emotions are not your own and everything inside is racing at 200mph with no slowing in sight. UNTIL it does,and then you are literally exhausted and somebody is still running to find your medication,which you know you told them exactly where to find it in all this mess. So when I think about the next 40yrs or so ( I'm pretty healthy lol) and having to continue to live with this, it's enough to make anyone be depressed and full of anxiety, not alone those of us who already do it everyday. So yes, I'm tired ,I'm tired tired tired and I just need a break a 2 day break that's all,just let me gather some strength and rest. Then I can go back to it, I just need a break.

editor_morgan responded:
    Hi Jewelz32412,

Thank you for sharing this very poignant and honest depiction of what it's like to live with depression and anxiety. For some, it truly does feel like a life sentence -except the jail cell is your mind.

I think that what you are doing here has the ability to be extremely effective. Writing out your feelings and seeking to gain the support of others can be pivotal in your ability to cope with depression and anxiety. Do you have people that you can talk to? A friend? Family member? A professional?

I highly suggest speaking to a professional who can help you to formulate a treatment plan that can work for you. You can read about what happens when depression and anxiety mix and your treatment options here .

I know that when you are faced with such debilitating anxiety, it is hard to see that there is hope and you do have options. Whether it is regular therapy, group therapy, medications, or even natural remedies (which you can read more about here ), or a combination of all of these, you do have options and there is a light at the end of this seemingly never ending tunnel.

If you'd like information on how to live with and manage your anxiety, then click here to read more.

You are never alone. We are here for you ((hugs)).

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

hangover anxiety
    I have been having the exact same problem. I used to get a mild anxiety each time I had a hangover but it was always something I could deal ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    2 of 3 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.