Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1.Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/mental-health/

2.Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Includes Expert Content
    Feeling shaky?
    An_264750 posted:
    So for the past few weeks my mom wakes me up to drop my sister off at school but when she wakes me up i wake up very shaky and trembling i don't want to be touched and my mom would nudge me like making sure i was awake but it was like i couldn't speak or barely move and i finally got the words out 3 minutes later yelling not to touch me it takes about maybe 25 to 30 minutes for the feeling to go away and ill have moments through the day where ill feel shaky and trembling I've looked it up and ive seen it might be a form of anxiety and something about "fight or flight" if anyone has any info on whats wrong please help should i see a doctor or what please and thank you
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 1 found this helpful

nocturnalist101 responded:
    I would see a Doctor.

At least this way you can hopefully get to the bottom of what ever causes this issue and avoid the short falls and process of attempting to figure this out on your own or self diagnose.

Once you have had an official diagnosis you can then work on what ever solutions are available in respect to the problem at hand.

Though what you have mentioned can happen (And not necessarily as an aspect of prolonged or a deeper anxiety issue) this type of thing has happened to my mother (Who now will not nap during the day) and myself during the early stages of a panic disorder, and even now I can still wake up with anxiety if I sleep or nap during the day.

Hope this helps.

Reid Wilson, PhD responded:
    I agree with all that nocturnalist101 said. But you may temporarily have a form of sleep paralysis, that is rarely an indication of anything serious. You can read more about it HERE . It would be no surprise, after one of these episodes, that you feel shaky during the day.

As nocturnalist101 says, if these continue to bother you, seeing your primary care physician is a good idea.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Useful tip
    If you Start to get anxious Blow your tumb it helps More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 3 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.