Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1.Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/mental-health/

2.Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Includes Expert Content
    My driving cure
    marleygirl84 posted:
    Hi there! I've actually had this same problem from time to time, back when my anxiety/panic first became an issue. I would have to hold my head in my propped left hand while I drove, or pull over if it was really bad. Later it developed into dizziness at all times of the day, or even when I was laying down trying to sleep. As for the driving part, how I got over it was to just keep driving and tell myself that I'd be okay. I knew if I started to become too scared to drive it would only get worse, so I forced myself to keep driving everywhere, even if it was going to be long distance (which at first, I really wanted to avoid but I wouldn't let myself). After a while it just stopped happening. Now I just wish I could get it to stop everywhere else! I'm basically taking the same tactic, telling myself I'll be okay, I just walk around like nothing is bothering me even if I feel dizzy. I just try to live my life. Hopefully after a while my brain will get that it's not going to scare me away. Anyway, I hope you get to feeling better. The driving thing is really nerve wracking so I hope you get over it like I did.
    Was this Helpful?
    3 of 3 found this helpful

Reid Wilson, PhD responded:
    Hey, marleygirl84 -

I'm not sure who you are responding to, but"026 You go, Marley Girl! You got it!

merrill143 replied to Reid Wilson, PhD's response:
    I was wondering what causes this annoying dreaming feeling. At times I feel like I'm in a altered reality. Reality just don't seem normal anymore. I have been to my doctor had cbc and ekg days of my chest. Didn't find anything he said I am very healthy. Also feel like my head is foggy very strange feeling. I notice I constantly think about this feeling. Like am I losing my mind or what? All I know is dislike the feeling I wish it would go away so I can get on with life and not worry about something being wrong with my brain. Please help any info would be great. I need some who knows to explain this to me in detail thank you.

merrill143 replied to merrill143's response:
    Oops I meant xrays

Reid Wilson, PhD replied to merrill143's response:
    For one option, see the response I just now posted for merrill143 ("sureal feeling")

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Useful tip
    If you Start to get anxious Blow your tumb it helps More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 3 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.