Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1. Head over to this page:

    2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

    How do I deal with this?
    whatamisupposedtodo posted:
    I was injured on the job 3 months ago and since then I've been in a lot of pain and experiencing an occasional shocking pain in my lower back. I've had an MRI and x-ray and both look good. The doctor I've been seeing has no idea what's causing my problem. Anyone go through something similar, or have any ideas as to what I need to do next?
    davedsel57 responded:

    Have you filed a workman's compensation claim? Have you contracted a workman's compensation attorney. You must do both to get the treatment you need. You should seek opinions from spine specialists such as spinal orthopedic surgeons and spinal neurosurgeons.

    If you can not work, then your doctor needs to document that you are 100% disabled. You will continue to receive 66% of you pay but it is tax exempt. You may be able to return to work with restrictions.

    You may also want to post this on the WebMD Back Pain Community or the WebMD Pain Management Community. This community does not have much activity and is not moderated.

    I hope all this works out for you.
    - Blessings,

    Praveen15 responded:
    Cervical Support are the best solution for cervical pain, Healthgenie is providing ortho supports of various brands such as lp, tynor, paramount at huge discount.
    robinwilliams responded:
    Hi, here are some tips for you-
    • Avoid lifting heavy objects.
    • May be the cause of your problem is stress. So, learn to manage stress.
    • Keep your back and stomach muscles strong,
    • use good posture.
    Is the pain still persists, i would suggest you to visit a good Orthopedic Doctor .
    youllfeelbetter responded:
    You may want to try going to a Chiropractor . Workman's Compensation will most certainly pay for your care.

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    I need cervical spinal surgery. My insurance will only cover the fusion type. I'd rather have the artiificial disk replacement surgery. UnitedHeal...More

    Helpful Tips

    feelin bad
    im in constant pain. L5 and 6 were fused almost a yr ago now and ive never been in so much pain in my 38 yrs old. my kids r and ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.