Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1. Head over to this page:

    2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at

    New Doctor
    biancalthompson posted:

    The doctor I have been seeing for the last year or soon is moving up to Wisconsin, he turned his practice over to another physician. I am not sure what to expect with this transition. I am doing good otherwise.
    bj1208 responded:
    Hi and welcome to the support group -

    It's hard when you are seeing a new physician - this will give you the opportunity to see if you like the other physician etc. Make sure you file has been transferred to this new doctor. This new doctor may order tests to be done so it's a good time to sit and discus

    What you should do is make a list of questions you have regarding what treatments he will suggest. I would also ask what type of pain doctor he is. One of the best (my opinion) is a PHYSIATRIST Pain Specialist. They treat the pains and not the symptoms. They also will offer treatment options based on patients needs and not do treatments that have failed in the past.

    I'm sure it may take another appointment for him to get familiar with your file and your spine problems.

    Once you have this established you will know if you like him and will get along.

    Hope this helps - keep us posted how u are doing~~
    ~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~

    Take care ~~ God Bless ~~

    ~~ Joy ~~
    biancalthompson replied to bj1208's response:
    I have another appointment on Monday with this doctor. First impressions are that he is nice.
    biancalthompson replied to biancalthompson's response:
    I think I like him. He spent the time to listen to me and discuss what my goals are for treatment. He recommended an increase in my Cymbalta and the use of a TENS machine.
    dianer01 replied to biancalthompson's response:
    Hi Bianca,

    Sometimes a doc that listens may be a good/better doc just because you believe they care and are paying attention to you. I hope this works out well for you.


    Helpful Tips

    Making the Most of Your Doctor Visit #2Expert
    Here are the rest of the suggestions (had to break into to two parts due to the character limits) 5. Make sure that all records ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    39 of 54 found this helpful

    Helpful Resources

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center