Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1.Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/mental-health/

2.Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
    hip rotation pain
    smurfett123 posted:
    hi, wondered if anyone has the same problem as me and can maybe give me advice, I'm 36 and have suffered for over 15yrs (more really but has become worse with time) of not being able to open my legs, I was never very good at sitting indian style from early on and even my ballet teacher tortured me for not being as able as my counter parts from a young age so I have always had the problem, I was diagnosed with arthritic hips (severe wearing of the cartilage from hip grinding it down) and will inevitably have a double hip replacement. the dr was very excited and used my x-rays in his worldwide book as an example as he had never seen such deep set hips. I was devastated and since then (11yrs ago) it has got progressively worse. the last person I saw said I have the hip rotation of a 90yr old. I have had very little advice and can not open my legs to get past my dog let alone intercourse. this is stopping so many parts of my life and I feel the advice of starting Pilates is unhelpful as I cannot do the moves. also tried physiotherapy but again did not help and very painful. if there is anyone with any constructive advice it would mean the world to me, thanks x

smurfett123 responded:
  • can I also add, pain is not from hips, its a really tight muscle on both top inner thighs (groin area which I can physically grab with my fingers) and am not sure if this is actually (as I have been told) is anything to do with hips? please, anyone who knows what this might be or any solutions please help x

• Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

NSAIDS and lithiumExpert
    Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (eg, Motrin/ibuprofen, Advil, Naprosyn) raise lithium levels by about 20%. We often therefore say ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    74 of 98 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.