Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1.Head over to this page:

    2.Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

    Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

    *No Dr Outside Contact Please*
    Includes Expert Content
    No oustide Contact Please Read*
    Chris_WebMD_Staff posted:
    Dr.Goldberg said it best in a post,

    "I must also ask that folks kindly respect the boundary of not tracking down my outside phone numbers or emails or otherwise contacting me with questions about their specific treatment outside of what gets posted on this public website exchange, since WebMD and I are not set up to do that."

    Please do not call, e-mail or try to contact the doctor outside this message board forum.

    I hope this helps
    Health Directories-Find a Therapist

    Thank you for understanding,
    WebMD Community Staff
    mstanisha1234 responded:
    [TRIGGER] doc i cry at night i suffer from mood changes i feel like killing myself sometimes i am having hallucinations at night and it freeks me out so dock what do u think of my situation!!
    bpcookie replied to mstanisha1234's response:
    (trigger) Mstanisha, It would be easier for the Dr. to see your post if you wrote your own post. Up at the top of the board, main page there is a red/orange button that says *Post Now*. Hit that button, put in your topic, then write your post in the box below the topic. Also, if you write about killing yourself, you need to also add *TRIGGER* in the topic as well.

    If you are feeling suicidal, please go to the ER.
    If you keep saying that you can't, then you never will. If you keep saying that you CAN, then you always will.
    Chris_WebMD_Staff replied to mstanisha1234's response:

    I'm sorry you are in a bad place. Please if you are feeling like you need immediate care get to the ER. Please keep these Crisis Assistants links near you as well.

    I think you need to search for help offline as well, although I'm glad you are here and if it helps you to talk things out with us great, but you need to see a doctor as well. Please keep us posted as to how you are doing.
    Chrissy~ Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly. Author Unknown
    Joseph F Goldberg, MD replied to mstanisha1234's response:
    Dear mstanisha,

    You're describing problems that need prompt medical/psychiatric evaluation, something that an information exchange website like this isn't here to do. The WebMD website can provide support through its membership and can answer general types of medical questions that may come up. If you currently have a doctor, your question to me should be posed to him or her. If you don't have a doctor, and need help locating one, your county mental health service or the nearest hospital should be able to help give you that information. If the problems you are having are new, urgent, or you're concerned you might act on the thoughts about killing yourself, then I would agree with others here that going to an emergency room for an immediate evaluation would be advisable.

    - Dr. G.
    mwkitty4 responded:
    Regarding this post by Dr. G, if someone needs attention immediately, it might be a good idea to contact your own medical professional, counselor, etc. This is in my opinion, although a wonderful source of information and also very helpful, it''s not a substitute for actual medical or psychiatric care.
    davedsel2 replied to An_263127's response:
    An_263127, we can only reply to your posts in this community. If you feel you need help, go to a local hospital emergency room and tell them you need assistance with a serious mental health issue.
    Please click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.



    Featuring Experts

    Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

    Helpful Tips

    Screen out people who can't seem to "get it"....
    There are some people who can't or won't understand at all. My wife is bipolar, and some people are more understanding than others. We ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    37 of 43 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.