Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/family-pregnancy/f/parenting/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

breastfeeding
    An_267663 posted:
    I am a MiMi and my son and his wife just gave birth to a beautiful baby boy. 7lbs 70z. The Dr.s and nurses have told the mother to nurse on demand and that when baby is older they in a way will set their own schedule. The mother said well they, have decided to put baby on schedule against the dr. and nurses advice. I breastfed all 3 of my children and did exactly as Dr. and nurses told me. My babies were happy content babies and I nurse on demand and eventually they did set their own schedule and a healty one, My daughter-n-law and son write down everytime he nurses, for how long when he started,, stopped what side,, then when he poops, pees what color how much its crazy. they said that scientifically this was the new way I said against the Dr telling you and nurses. The baby is 7lb 5 oz, he had lost to 6.8 then back up to 7 now at 2 week check up he is only 7lb 5oz... My children never ever cried I told her feed him, he just ate, its not 3 hrs yet she say. So what to do. The baby is not gaining weight. I cant cross over my boundaries or well, I am his MiMi and my son will tell me this is his way. I am not trying to tell them how to but am concerned bout the baby being hungry and not growing properly.

Take the Poll

breastfeed on demand or on a schedule
    • breastfeeding should be on demand
    • breastfeeding should not be on a schedule
    vote
    View Poll Results

Spotlight: Member Stories

First time mom just trying to figure it all out.. Have a beautiful son Sean born 5~3~2012

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
    Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    10 of 18 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.