Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/heart-health/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

The Failure of Vytorin and Statins to Improve Cardiovascular Health
    bobby75703 posted:
    The Failure of Vytorin and Statins to Improve Cardiovascular Health: Bad Cholesterol or Bad Theory?

The article in full:
    http://www.jpands.org/vol13no3/peskin.pdf

Sir_Porangi replied to toneman84084's response:
    That diseased right coronary artery photo is a beaut.

The profit driven scare mongers and all the other pictures you have posted show CHOLESTEROL BUILD UP

Yet this photo shows the ARTERY HAS NARROWED.

If cholesterol was building up the artery would be swollen.

The problem is clearly shown in your photo it is not the"oil" but the damaged "pipe" causing the problems.

Thanks. You may be interested in seeing similar photos from orthomolecular doctors that show the same as you posted then complete reversal through natural therapy.

Let me ask you, if this is true, why are so many people still being killed by heart attacks?

That's easy just start with the doco DVD "Food Matters"

toneman84084 replied to Sir_Porangi's response:
    If cholesterol was building up the artery would be swollen.

What??? The artery is not what is being depicted, it's the blood flow in the artery. An angiogram does not show artery structure, it only shows the blood flowing through the arteries with the help of a tracing agent. This is EXACTLY what you see when an artery is blocked by cholesterol. I'm guessing you don't spend much time around angiograms, people performing them or people having them.

I understand it perfectly the cholesterol/plaque is bandaging a damaged artery wall?

Fix the artery wall and the cholesterol bandage dissappears.

I understand it perfectly the cholesterol/plaque is bandaging a damaged artery wall?

You understand one way it happens, you do not seem to understand that a soft plaque buildup under the cells that line the artery can also block an artery and does not need a rupture to block an artery, it's size alone is sufficient. There are other causes for heart attacks as well, not just a rupture.

The picture in question is the type of blockage I have described, not a rupture and a clot.

Trust me, I know what I'm talking about.

I know what I'm talking about

Not as much as orthomolecular, chinese, holostic, ayurvedic medicine.

Have you had a chance to look for suicide statin adverse effects in your data yet?

Have you had a chance to look for suicide statin adverse effects in your data yet?

As I have said three time now, I have looked and I have found no definitive link between suicide and statin use but go ahead and keep bringing it up. I for one will not indulge you any longer on this hypothetical.

Not as much as orthomolecular, chinese, holostic, ayurvedic medicine.

Never claimed to as they are not anything that I put any faith in. You are just changing the subject again, I get it.

Never claimed to as they are not anything that I put any faith in. You are just changing the subject again, I get it.

Far from changing the subject opening our eyes and ears to 1000's of years of proven historic wisdom.

Far from changing the subject opening our eyes and ears to 1000's of years of proven historic wisdom.

Not opening my eyes, not interested.

toneman84084 replied to toneman84084's response:

toneman84084 replied to toneman84084's response:

Just testing new links to replace lost ones......

bobby75703 replied to toneman84084's response:
    I like the photo of the cross section of the artery.

Just imagine the glorious day when we discover what causes it to build on artery walls. How great that will be.

I have been reading some of the many theories. Each author writes as if their theory is the absolute truth, yet none of these theories have been proven.

Some theories sound pretty darn good. Again none proven. But one day, hopefully in our lifetime we will know for certain.

toneman84084 replied to bobby75703's response:
    Agreed, but it's not just coronary artery disease, look at what excess cholesterol can do to the rest of you.

This is the most serious, a cholesterol emboli that blocks small arteries in the extremities causing tissue death;

Here it is collecting in deposits around the exes called xanthelasmas;

Or the same xanthelasmas outbreaks on the arms and back;

Too often we only think of heart disease when discussing excess cholesterol, there is much more to it. Too much is very hard on our bodies.

cholesterol, there is much more to it. Too much is very hard on our bodies.

TO LITTLE IS FAR FAR WORSE

bobby75703 replied to toneman84084's response:
    No question cholesterol gets involved, but I am not always convinced cholesterol itself is to blame.

Likewise, Hostages in a bank robbery are involved, and pinned against the wall in a nasty situation, but they themselves are not to blame.

With cholesterol collecting in tissues I believe the trouble comes from another source.

People with low cholesterol all their lives can get plugged up arteries. Banks with only two customers making deposits can still get robbed.

There is something big we have yet to discover.

Featuring Experts

There are no Expert stories for this community right now

Helpful Tips

Statin use is generally safe, and NOT associated with cancer and myopathy
    This network meta-analysis study provides evidence on the comparative tolerability and harms of individual statins. Overall, statins as a ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.