Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1.Head over to this page:

    2.Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3.Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

    PLEASE help! There is something wrong with my anus (PICS)
    rectalproblem posted:
    When I try to pass stool it's like glass is coming out. I had this growth of skin on my anus and it's very sensitive. I don't have health insurance, and I'm kind of embarrassed too, and so I've left this untreated, now I've been getting other growths of skin/bumps on my anus. I'm really scared! Should I just go to the hospital and just let them bill me?! It hurts so bad to pass stool, and my butt is always sore. Sometimes I can barely walk, bend down, or sit down.

    The pic is kind of gross so don't click it if you don't want to see, Here's a pic:

    Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
    bbbaaammm responded:
    I don't know what this is, but I would go to the doctor right away since these bumps are increasing and because of the pain involved. Look in the yellow pages and find a specialist in rectal/colon problems. Ask if you can be put on a payment plan. I don't see the problem going away by itself. However, soaking in warm water should bring some relief. Also Nupercainal is a good ointment to use for rectal problems. My doc recommends it. Helps to relieve pain. Good luck to you & God Bless.
    bbbaaammm responded:
    My advice is to find a specialist. Look in the yellow pages for a colon-rectal specialist. Ask if you can arrange for a payment plan. This condition is not going to go away by itself. Meanwhile, sit in some warm water and use Nupercainal Ointment. That is what my colon-rectal doctor recommends for anal problems. Hope this helps some.
    cjtigers responded:
    I know you're worried about the financial aspect of this with no insurance, but I urge you to see a doctor about this very soon. Put aside your embarassment and have it checked out. They're doctors, they went into that profession by choice and I'm sure yours isn't the first one they've seen! Take it from a stage 2 colorectal cancer survivor who's had to have my rear end probed, radiated, and checked over and over again, you somehow get used to it. Be brave and make that appointment now!
    adhisstory responded:
    I was not online two months ago...don't know whether you followed up on the advise here but if you didn't,VITAMINS A&D ointment takes the pain away...I was then prescribed Clotrimazole and Betamethasone Dipropionate Cream USP, 1%/0.05% by my gyn. for my flair-ups and advised to see my gastroenterologist... Because of some very bad experiences with those physicians I still have not gone...I was supposed to have had four colonoscopies but am convinced the alleged last two were not performed. With all due respect, if physicians cannot put you in a one-size-fits-all category, it seems as though their training does not include thinking outside the box. It is important to avoid MSG because it is a nerve stimulant. See for a list of hidden sources.
    fussi99 replied to adhisstory's response:
    Please call and ask your local Health Department for assistance with the cost of a colonoscopy. I live in a small community and found help.

    Helpful Tips

    Be the first to post a Tip!

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Health Gastrointestinal Cancer Center