Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1.Head over to this page:

    2.Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3.Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at

    colorectal cancer
    sad65 posted:
    was 34 when i was told i had 6 months to live cause i had rectal cancer it was already in my lift notes. i have a 6 year old which was 4 at the time he has special needs.i found out bout it on june 4th will never forget that day had surgery on september 20,2010.had an infection ever since people think they understand when they truely don't its hard being a single mom of a special needs and having to deal with all this im tired alot.this was suppose to be reversed now there telling me i might have to keep the ostomy bag im always in constant pain and most doctors think im stupid cause im young i didnt go to the cancer ferry and ask for cancer it was giving to me. i have a car that i never know were it will get me if it will break down or not?just wish there was some help for single moms that go through only income is my sons social security and child support when he pays adds up to bout 700 dollars if im lucky and thats when i get child support if no support i get 457 dollars how do you live on that any advice for me out there for us.
    MandyL1953 responded:
    Check out a support group called Colon Cancer Alliance
    They have an 800 support number. They can guide you to many agencies that can offer various types of help. They are vvery helpful.

    Another group you can check out is They also hhave trained social workers that are ther to help a person out.

    Good luck - and I pray that you find some help through one of thhese groups.
    tamarabradshaw responded:
    I am not sure where you can go for help except to your local social services and also Salvation Army can help you. One other place you might want to try is the churches around you, They are very likely to help you and your child. I wish I was near you,cause I would do everything I could to help you even if it was just a little bit of daycare to give you a chance to rest. I will keep you in my prayers with my dad. Keep me informed. Tamara

    Helpful Tips

    Be the first to post a Tip!

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Health Gastrointestinal Cancer Center