Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/family-pregnancy/f/pregnancy/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

2nd blighted ovum in 4 months...
    nic14120 posted:
    Hello! I'm so glad I found this board!! Here is my history. I am a proud mommy of a beautiful son that is 7 and daughter that is 3. We have been trying for our last baby. I had no issues with losses before. I got pregnant relatively quickly end of Nov. So excited, felt very preg. I spotted my whole first preg, and 1st tri with my second so it was no shock when it started at 5 weeks in dec. I went in an saw a sac and measured about 4 weeks. Went in a week or so later, measured in 5th week. Saw a yolk sac and was told to have hope and come back at 9 weeks. I did and all that was seen was a shrinking yolk sac. They deemed it a blighted ovum- and a d&c was done 2 days later. I req chromosomal testing- no issues and I was assured it was probably implantation and next time should be good. 2 cycles later I was preg! I am now 8 weeks today. I started spotting brown/pink- at 7 weeks. Went in on thurs, would be 7w4d and measured 6w2d and only saw a yolk sac. Looked like a larger yolk sac. I was sure of my period so they are deeming in another BO. I am devastated! Now they want to see if I have a gene mutation clotting issue, or if it's my uterus. My husband was pretty much done after our second. We are blessed with one of each, but my yearning for another has opened it to it. Now I feel like I can't even get us what we would love. I feel broken:( I have had the following issues going on: I have a controlled hashimotos/hypothyroid, I have recently been diagnosed with an enlarged spleen. They feel it's only 14 cm and doesn't need f/up. I was also diagnosed with something called small intestinal bacterial overgrowth. Overproduction of bacteria in the small intestines. My GI assurd me it shouldn't impact pregnancy. My OB feels none of this is related. Anyone have experience with back to back BO losses?

Spotlight: Member Stories

in 2010 i was diagnosed with endometriosis. I was told one of my fallopian tubes was blocked and the other one was slow. They said it would be very di...More

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
    Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    10 of 20 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.