Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/family-pregnancy/f/pregnancy/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Nausea after d&c
    An_257553 posted:
    Hi, I am so grateful for the 1 year old I have at home and am an older mom (I just turned 42 this past March). I have recently had a d&c after finding out that my baby that was about 8 weeks old (although I think I was further along but ultrasound showed that he/she would have been only 8 weeks) didn't have a beating heart. I also work third shift for my work right now and during the day feel fine but when I go into work I have developed some nausea and this has been about the last couple of days and my d&c was about 4 days ago. I reached out via email to advise and update my ob's office of this and the "typical response" I have received is "if you don't feel better I suggest you make an appointment". Is this nausea typical so many days after? I also noticed that I have gotten chilled too but it is later in the evening/early morning (3:00-3:30 am) and am concerned. I have also been kind of moodier than usual (but I have been taking antidepressants (Prozac) already due to PPD from previous pregnancy. Anyone have any advice/thoughts on if this is common? Thank you in advance.

Spotlight: Member Stories

In January 2010 I gave birth to what I assumed would be my last baby. I went on the pill after her birth. She was having some minor complications so m...More

Helpful Resources

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.