Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/family-pregnancy/f/pregnancy/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

My baby came through the stitch.
    fiyyah123 posted:
    Hey.. Everyone, Don't know where to start this, Well... I found out I was pregnant in November 2013, a day later I was off to America with my friend, 3rd day in New York I ended up with clots of blood a major loss of blood too. So scared, friend was no help either, I was told it was cysts that had burst (I also have PCOS) and that my baby was fine. 6weeks at the time the blood stopped and I was normal just had the morning sickness and tiredness. I came back after 2 weeks,back in work, didn't get my first scan untill I was 16 weeks, was told everything was fine, by this time I had a clear discharge but being young and my first pregnancy I thought it was normal, contacted my midwife but could never get hold of her, it came to my second scan, (20 week) was told I was having a girl so happy I was, a few days after I decided I would ring the hospital to ask about the discharge, they called me in and checked with a speculum and said my membranes err bulging and I had to have a rescue cerclage put in, scared shocked and heartbroken I was, next day it was performed and in the doctors words 'successful'. A few more days went by I went back with the discharge they then checked again and said the membranes were still bulging and kept me in, 2 days later they gave me a pessari (I think it's called) to stop me from going Into labour, I got home and my waters broke. Back to the hospital I ended up with 3 infections, major pains that were contractions. Tried my best to get to 23 weeks, I got to 22 week and 5 days they gave me steroids and shots to stop me from giving birth but there was nothing, I got up out of bed to clean myself and the foot was there hanging out, 10 minutes it took. The doctors said they'd never seen anything like this before. How could she of come through a stitch they said it was intact. I'm so scared of getting pregnant I don't ever want a stitch again, what do I do?

Take the Poll

Should I get a cervical stitch?
    • Help
    • Help
    vote
    View Poll Results

Anon_125277 responded:
    omg...did your baby live? i am so sorry this happened!!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Im Becky I have 2 boys. My husband and I loss our oldest son on April15,2008. He was a stillborn. And our 2nd son will be 2 in June.

Helpful Tips

my loss
    I have three girls, you would have been my fourth baby. I have three children left to brighten my day, make me smile and forget for a ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    21 of 29 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.