Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/family-pregnancy/f/pregnancy/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Possible misdiagnosed miscarriage? 5th week sac visible but on 7th sac was not there?!
    falgunid posted:
    I got my home preg test kit positive on 5th week. After 2 days, I started bleeding on which we immediately visit a gynec. She did a sonography and saw sac and said bleeding can be normal and I dont need to worry. [br>[br>She gave me ethamsylate tablets (to stop bleeding), folic acid tablets, and progesterone capsule. My bleeding continued and something like blood clot also came out once. I used to feel nauseated atleast once in a day.[br>[br>After 10 days I visited her again and she did sonography again but couldnt find the sac. She said that I miscarried and I dont need any further procedure as everything got "cleared".[br>[br>I have a ray of hope and wanted to know whether anyone else have gone through similar problem? [br>[br>Or is it possible that gynec would have misdiagonsed? Is it possible that sac might disappear but I still might be pregnant?

mommyin2011 responded:
    i'm not sure if the sac can disappear. if you are worried that she misdiagnosed you, try seeing anther OB and get a 2nd u/s.

i am praying for the best!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been married to DH since 2002. We had our daughter in 10/2008. We also have one angel baby ~!~ 2/2/2010, 11 weeks. My husband works long hours...More

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
    Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    10 of 20 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.