Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/family-pregnancy/f/pregnancy/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

i have o negative blood and have had five miscarriages
    lilybean12714 posted:
    have o negative blood and never even knew that made any difference when pregnant until four miscarriages later a doctor who wasnt my regular doctor he was in the hospital told me. so i was told i had to take the rh shots it was a quick fix and so me and my boyfriend tried again we got pregnant i was so excited and when we went to hear the babys heart beat there was none and they said o dont worry just try again, but i cant go thru this again. does anyone have similar expierences with o negative blood

mommab89 responded:
    I have A negative and I lost my son at 16 weeks due to Rh factor. I was told as soon as i concieve again if my babys father has a positive blood type i will need to get a shot but from what I have been told they dont give it to you until 16 weeks or so. Have you had your progesterone checked during pregnancy?? Low progesterone can cause miscarriages in early pregnancy. If this is the fact your doctor can give you a pill or cream to use during the first trimester.

Spotlight: Member Stories

i'm just a girl who likes helping other girls through experiences we share. i went to VCU and my major was political science (minors in english, s...More

Helpful Tips

my loss
    I have three girls, you would have been my fourth baby. I have three children left to brighten my day, make me smile and forget for a ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    21 of 29 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.