Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/family-pregnancy/f/pregnancy/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

New Here
    minsko77 posted:
    Hi, all. I'm new here, although I used to frequent the parenting boards a decade ago with my first child. I hope we'll be able to led one another some support through this journey.

My name is Melissa and I'm 37. We just suffered our 2nd loss since October last month. On Oct. 17, I miscarried naturally at home. I was barely pregnant 3-4 weeks. I had two bizarre cycles and then got pregnant again (LMP 12/6). To confirm my dates, I had one US at 5w4d, nothing but a gestational sack visible. Doctor didn't advise me there was a possibility of anything being wrong. Went back again at 7w6d and still only a sack visible. My OB was out of town, so we saw another who was soooo sweet and kind and patient. We scheduled the D&C for 1/30 and it was successful. I've been bleeding for nearly 3.5 weeks now, and have my follow-up appointment on Wednesday of this week.

I'm still hurting a lot emotionally, but I realize that this, too, will pass. Now, I just need to figure out what to do. I want to try again for our 2nd child, but I'm still afraid. We've given ourselves until Summer Vacation to figure out what we want to do (I'm a teacher).

Guess that's it.
    Nice to meet you, I guess.

Elandjack responded:
    Praying for you...I'm a teacher too and experienced a similar situation.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have a healthy daughter, born 11/25/08. July 31, 2009 I lost my son at 25 weeks gestation due to a encephalocele which caused a large whole in the b...More

Helpful Tips

my loss
    I have three girls, you would have been my fourth baby. I have three children left to brighten my day, make me smile and forget for a ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    21 of 29 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.