Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/digestive-health/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Coconut Oil?
    hannahleigh89 posted:
    I've struggled with my hair for years and I'm currently taking prenatal vitamins and biotin, which is helping, but my hair is still frizzy and it still falls out like crazy. Has anybody heard about coconut oil supplements and their benefit/interaction with Crohn's? The internet says it helps with Crohn's, but the internet says a lot of things. Just wondering if anybody has any experience with this before I email my doctor and pester her about it.

magsjeanea responded:
    Hey Hannah and Arbob!!! It has been a very long time and you know how life is....always dealing out those lemons. Hannah, I hope you are doing well. Did you every finish up nursing school? I have been lucky and been in remission for a very long time now. Hope y'all stay happy and healthy!!

Take care and Peace be with you!

MagsJeaneau
    Love Goes There,

Jeaneau

hannahleigh89 replied to magsjeanea's response:
    Hi there! Good to hear from you! Yes, I finished nursing school nearly two years ago. I think May 18th is officially two years. I've been working two shifts a week at a hospital on a regular medical/surgical floor since November of 2013 and I finished up my bachelors in nursing in December of last year. My health is still... Up and down, I guess. I miss a lot of work, but my new director was actually just diagnosed with UC so she is pretty understanding. I'm currently looking at nurse practitioner programs and trying to decide if I'm ready to take that plunge or if I need to wait around until my health is more consistent. The infusion I'm getting now does seem to be working for my Crohn's but I have just about every side effect possible from it. Still taking lots of pills every day to try to manage symptoms... Man, it gets old, lol.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 34 year old woman living with Crohn's disease. In 2005 I had to receive a permanent Ostomy. I really thought my social life was over, it to...More

Helpful Tips

Assistance for Medical Expenses
    Many with a diagnosis of Crohn's or Colitis are unable to work or enjoy many social or physical activities. The burden of paying medical ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    22 of 28 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.