Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1.Head over to this page:

    2.Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

    Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

    What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
    How and Why to Report a Post
    Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

    My 18 yr old hospitalized
    Kristenvic posted:
    Need help! My 18yr old was just hospitalized for a suicide attempt. I am on my way to her by flight. What do I say? What do I do? I'm so scared.
    behapppy118 responded:
    Hi Kristenvic,
    I think the best thing you can do for her now is just be there for her and in case she's feeling alone, you can tell her she's not alone and that you're there for her. Ask her if there is anything you can do for her gently. If she doesn't want to talk, it's ok, don't force it and just be there. These may seem like small things but they feel huge to someone who is so vulnerable. Is this her first suicide attempt?
    I hope this is helpful. I will be thinking of her and hoping for the best.
    So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.
    - Stephen Chbosky

    Helpful Tips

    safe AD to take with tramadol.
    my doctor just put me on tramadol and i take cymbalta. More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.