Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1.Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/mental-health/

2.Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
    How and Why to Report a Post
    Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

I need someone who understands
    chefchipmunk posted:
    This is the first time I've used an online discussion group, but I need help. I have been battling anxiety and depression for about 15 years with meds.and feel isolated because not many seem to understand. The few that I have told in the past could at best empathize. It runs in my family and my mom has been on medication also for this for a long time.
    it seems more and more I'm having trouble with dealing with stressful situations or uncertainties that always happen in life. it gets to the point where I have anxiety attacks and can barley pry myself out of bed. I seem to just get almost debilitatingly tired where it feels like I can sleep for days and it still wouldn't be enough.
    any understanding, help, recommendations or just someone to talk to about how I feel would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

daynas1234 responded:
    I know where you are coming from i've been battling depression and anxiety for many years and yes a lot of people don't understand. They think we can just snap out of it. I just wanted you to know that you are not alone.

magnusmalermann responded:
    Your description sounds like my life. From 2004 to 2016 I was on one anti-depressant or another, and I had to quit five different jobs because of it--I would have panic attacks or outbursts of "inappropriate" anger. I too, could sleep for a full night and then sleep for another 6-8 hours the next day too, and, as you say, it still wouldn't be enough.
    I got a new psychiatrist last month, and he realized that it wasn't depression that was my problem, but anxiety only. So he took my off my anti-depressants and just has me on Klonopin, and wonder of wonders, I don't need to sleep during the day, I get a good night's sleep that is refreshing, I wake up normally, and I go to bed at a regular time. It appears that the anti-depressants themselves were causing me the sleep problems. (I'm not in the medical profession, and I am not saying this is true for you, I am just telling you what is true for me.)
    Best regards.

daynas1234 responded:
    I am also depressed and have anxiety and agoraphobia where most the time i don>t leave the house and if i do i need someone to go with me. I can relate to your problems. I understand where you are coming from. Sometimes just knowing you are not alone helps. I am on lots of medication and go to psychotherapy, this also helps.

Helpful Tips

iPhone app that helps me stay active
    I've been using the "Feel Good Tracker" iPhone app to track my activities and to rate how good the activity made me fell. I find that doing ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    4 of 10 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.