Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1.Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/mental-health/

2.Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
    How and Why to Report a Post
    Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Bipolar depression
    An_267785 posted:
    Effexor causes me to sweat excessively from my head I am a women is there other medicine( took paxell went out of my mind)

daynas1234 responded:
    I take Effexor 150 mg and i sweat a lot too, Have you tried talking to your doctor about a medication change. And also if you stay on Effexor it helps to drink plenty of water.

editor_morgan responded:
    Hi there and thanks for posting,

Daynas1234 brings up a good point. Have you spoken to your doctor about a medication change?

In the meantime, read more about the side effects of Effexor here . Also, be sure to read the user reviews of Effexor. You might be able to find other users who have experienced similar symptoms who have found a solution. There are 500 user reviews to read here .

Please be sure to update us once you've spoken to your doctor.

Helpful Tips

iPhone app that helps me stay active
    I've been using the "Feel Good Tracker" iPhone app to track my activities and to rate how good the activity made me fell. I find that doing ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    4 of 10 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.