Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1.Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/mental-health/

2.Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
    How and Why to Report a Post
    Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

problems
    daynas1234 posted:
    I'm a 28 year old female with agoraphobia, i'm scared to leave the house. I've been getting out more lately but i can't go out without someone. I have a drivers license but i haven't driven in almost a year due to intense fear. I'm on effexor 150 mg and loxapine 10 mg 3x a day. I take xanax sometimes but find i still have the fear. Anyone else who can relate to this or have any ideas of how to calm the fear?

editor_morgan responded:
    Hi daynas1234,

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been going through this. Agoraphobia is such an isolating disorder that leaves those suffering with it feeling alone and misunderstood.

Have you been regularly attending therapy sessions? Therapy can be pivotal in your ability to cope with agoraphobia. Also, have you ever considered group therapy? Group therapy, where you are surrounded by people who are experiencing or have experienced anxiety/agoraphobia, has the ability to show you that you are NOT alone and that you are worthy, and capable of coping and overcoming your anxiety. You can read more about the benefits of group therapy here .

Have you tried any relaxation techniques that might help you when you are attempting to leave your house? Try these relaxation and stress relieving exercises next time and see if they work at all.

Remember, we are here for you. This WILL get better if you believe it will and put the effort in! ((hugs)).

Helpful Tips

Sexual Problems from Meds..What to do!Expert
    Serotonin type antidepressants can cause 5-30% of the time- sexual problems such as no orgasm, impotence, no libido. Consider that ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    30 of 41 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.