Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/living-healthy/f/weight-loss/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Weight gain on cymbalta
    Noday1968 posted:
    I have always been active and in shape. I have very bad anxiety and depression and decided to go on meds. I am taking cymbalta and the first month gained 25 lbs and a year later I haven't lost a pound . I am not very motivated . I walk 4 miles 5 days a week and still nothing. Anyone else?

nutrik responded:
    Have you ever talked to your doctor about the side effects this medicine is having on you? cause if it has lead you to gain weight and you are not happy about it, it can make the stress and anxiety increase. Exercising can be a complement for the treatment of anxiety and depression but also a diet can help. There are certain foods and nutrients that can be helpful. For example: Tryptophan, you can find it in: turkey, banana, peanuts, peanut butter; Vitamin B: eggs, chicken, green leafs, legumes, citrus. Carbohydrates: high quality carbs may increase the serotonin in the brain you can find them in whole grains and brown rice. Omega 3: mackerel, salmon, sardines; Lean protein can increase the production of dopamine and you can find them in: greek yogurt, cottage cheese, eggs, soy, meat, chicken.
    Avoid fast food, added sugars and white breads, they can give you energy at first but they will make you insulin levels spike and will make your energy drop out of the sudden. Also avoid caffeine and caffeinated drinks and alcohol.
    As you can see all these tips can also work for a healthy diet and will help you lose these extra weight that is been bothering you. Also Qalorie.com can be a very useful application for you, it has many useful tools that can help you track your foods, nutrients, calories and exercise daily so you can be sure you are giving your body exactly what it needs to stay healthy.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I used to be skinny and eat out all the time, I've been eating healthy foods but gaining weight, my portions are out of control, I hope to gain in...More

Helpful Tips

Tips to reduce weight
    1. Indulge in fat releasing foods like honey, eggs, shrimp. 2. Drink a total of 64 ounces of water at regular intervals in a day. 3. Eat ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    18 of 18 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.