Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/living-healthy/f/weight-loss/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

10 day green smoothie cleanse
    mikimom2010 posted:
    Has anyone every successfully tried and completed the 10 day green smoothie cleanse? I am 5'7, my current weight is 151 after loosing about 10 pounds over the last month. I must admit, I lost the first 5 on my own with diet and exercise. My only problem was my number wasn't dropping. I would lose inches, but no pounds and I wasn't happy with that. I started the cleanse, currently on day 3 and I have lost about a pound a day. Right now I am strictly doing the smoothies, no meals. Just wondering if anyone had any experience with them.

nutrik responded:
    As a nutritionist I would not recommend cleanses at all. Smoothies and juices are a very helpful tool when it comes to adding fruits and veggies to your diet, but some of the fiber is lost in the process (remember fiber makes you feel satisfied and full). Besides a liquid diet its digested fast and you will hungry again very soon and that will make you feel stressed and anxious. I love smoothies specially if they have veggies like spinach and kale but I use them as a healthy snack or a complement to a meal. The recommended weight loss its 2 pounds per week for it to be sustainable in the long therm other wise you probably will add those pounds back up when you return to your normal diet (you can't live on smoothies forever). The closer you are to your ideal weight the harder it is to lose that extra pounds so I would recommend give diet and exercise a chance again and be patient, if you are losing inches that's great, sometimes a mirror better than a number on a scale, cause if you are doing some kind of body mass building exercise you might be gaining some muscle mass (good for you and your metabolism).
    Qalorie.com can be a very useful app for you there you can keep track of your meals, calories, water,exercise and progress so you can be sure you are giving your body exactly what it needs to reach your goals and you can also get advice from certified nutritionists online.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I used to be skinny and eat out all the time, I've been eating healthy foods but gaining weight, my portions are out of control, I hope to gain in...More

Helpful Tips

Tips to reduce weight
    1. Indulge in fat releasing foods like honey, eggs, shrimp. 2. Drink a total of 64 ounces of water at regular intervals in a day. 3. Eat ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    18 of 18 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.