Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/living-healthy/f/weight-loss/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Welcome to the Club! No fees to pay, no contract to sign, all that is needed -
    Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
    Food and Recipes Center
    Diet Club Newcomer Tips
    Food & Cooking Community
    Not Losing Weight
    phillysportsgrl posted:
    Hello,
    This is my first time posting here. I've recently within the past two week begun a fat loss boot camp as a way to get myself back into losing weight. I currently weight 170 but my goal weight is between 135-140lbs. I've been on a custom diet plan of lean proteins, veggies, some fruit and healthy fats and carbs. I've been working out 5-6 days a week and weight in once a week.

Except at my weigh ins, I've lost nothing. The nutritionist and trainer working with me say that I should average between 3-5 pounds lost at this point (halfway of the four week boot camp). It's very discouraging that I've lost nothing and is making my self esteem about losing weight very low. I'm still stuck at 170 and even after tests with endocrinologist determining that I have no thyroid or hormonal problems, I've lost nothing.

Has anyone else been in this situation and have any advice?

brunosbud responded:
    Trainers, nutritionists, boot camps work great provided you can permanently live your life they way they do. Good luck with that...
    http://www.today.com/health/does-your-body-fight-stay-fat-maybe-research-suggests-1C9382286

If you lived like an Egyptian or Serbian or Japanese for 6 months, you would lose a lot of weight. Stop thinking like an American. Our whole weight loss industry is identical to present day medicine. Both industries are not effective by design.

kingw364 replied to brunosbud's response:
    Well that would work but is not as easy to act to a foreigner in your own place.

joh02008 responded:
    I was part of a weight loss study, and I did not start losing weight until two months in. Did you get any suggestions from your trainer or nutritionist?

lissmeanstrouble responded:
    Ive been trying for seven weeks and Ive gained so I will hope some one has advice for us

rebecamery responded:
    You dont need carbs , that why you get stuck , the human body first consume de carbs to obtain energy instead of using fat. You need start a diet without carbs, that will force your body to start transforming the fat in energy, and you notice soon the difference. You could try a Ketogenic Diet Plan and I strongly recommend to do a Body Detox and use some quality weight loss supplements . if you start do some sport to i guarantee that in 1 month you will lose more then 20 lbs, just stay away from CARBS.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've always been over weight my entire life. Over the past couple years I have been on and off again with diets & joining gyms. About a couple...More

Helpful Tips

Motivational Tool to help you make your commitment to lose weight.
    I've lost over 40 lbs during the last year and recently I came across what I think is a great motivational tool for those wanting to start ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    21 of 21 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.