Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/living-healthy/f/weight-loss/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Don't lose weight! Gain health!
    rohvannyn posted:
    I think sometimes our consciousnesses are freaked out by all the 'loss words.' Like "lose weight," "drop pounds," "lose fat," etc. With all that losing, might it want to hold on to what it has? Focusing on loss might just sabotage our efforts.

I've heard it said that your inner self never hears negative modifiers, so you say 'I'm not going to eat ice cream," it thinks "I'm going to eat ice cream," for example. I don't know how true that is but I've been playing with the idea as a way of reframing my weight loss journey to be more positive.

For example, instead of focusing on losing weight, it might be helpful to think about how you are growing stronger. Instead of thinking about all the cookies you can't have, you could think about how much better your body feels eating fresh fruit.

It's so easy to be discouraged when the scale isn't moving. But there are so many little wins you can focus on, when it comes to becoming healthier. There's reduced pain, increased flexibility, increased strength, clothes fitting better, the nutrient rush from a healthy meal, the sense of accomplishment from taking care of yourself. This fitness journey isn't about loss, it's about winning!
    Roh

Helpful Tips

Getting the most out of oatmeal
    As an oatmeal fan, I was surprised to find that instant oatmeal didn't stick with me the way rolled oats did. When I switched back to ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    3 of 3 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.