Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/living-healthy/f/weight-loss/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Does anybody else lose weight in bursts?
    rohvannyn posted:
    I posted this over in Fitness and Exercise but wanted to check here too.

I have this pattern where I'll stay at exactly the same weight for three or four days then suddenly I'll lose a pond or two, usually a whole pound, not a fraction of a pound. For example, I'd run at 222.2 for quote a while, then suddenly drop to 220.2. I weigh at the same time every day, in the morning before breakfast. I weigh every day because I'm trying to see patterns.

I've read online and have found that there are a lot of people who experience the same thing, but nobody's been able to explain it. Can anyone here explain it?
    Roh

lindyinda responded:
    Off topic. Thank you in a former post telling where everyone from Rainbow challenge went. So far i don't do Facebook. I'm over at spark people. Take care Rho.
    Lindyinda
    Start=185 Current=170.2 Hope for=150
    Looking to see 150 again. This is the day the Lord has made rejoice and be glad in it.

rohvannyn replied to lindyinda's response:
    Ah, yes - I know some folks from here went over to Spark too. I may go to Facebook at some point, since I finally have a spare computer to use to go to Facebook. I won't let Facebook put its persistent tracking cookies on my regular machine, so this will let me use the service.
    Roh

lindyinda replied to rohvannyn's response:
    OK third time a charm! I have tried twice so far and my post would not post. So once again. The reason i went to spark.

Thank you Roh, for replying to my post. This sight seems empty now that Rainbow challenge stopped. Iv never signed up for Facebook, I like Spark pretty well. Anyway glad to know what happened to those fine people who were so welcoming to me. I guess if I check back and you are gone I will know you have probably gone over to Facebook.

I am using a 7" tablet to do my posting. It does OK. The sound could be better for videos however.
    lindyinda
    Looking to see 150 again. This is the day the Lord has made rejoice and be glad in it.

tnmist replied to lindyinda's response:
    What is Spark?

tnmist replied to tnmist's response:
    Never mind. I see it's specifically for weight loss...That's good, of course. I was just hoping another avenue was discovered besides Facebook.

Roh, thank you for posting about the FB cookies. I'm returning to FB, but I may access it strictly from a certain computer, not my main one. Good idea.

lindyinda replied to tnmist's response:
    Spark people. Its sort of like this sight where you can keep track of what you eat and your exercise. Also community where you can discuss things.

lindyinda replied to tnmist's response:
    Its spark people. One can keep track of food and exercise. Also lots of communities to visit with others. Sort of like here its worth checking out.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Here I am! Feeling the worst I ever have. 100 pounds to lose and very overwhelmed about it. 1 year away from 50 years old. Developed high blood pressu...More

Helpful Tips

Don't wait until Thanksgiving or Christmas to buy a Turkey....
    I find it so much easier to munch on Turkey which is full of protien to hold your hunger. I buy a Turkey once a month. Just Turkey, no ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    3 of 3 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.