Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/digestive-health/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

GERD?
    chipette81 posted:
    I was hoping someone with this condition could give me some advice. I think that I may have a lot of the symptoms. I do have an appointment with my doctor on Thursday, but I'd like to have some research on my end done first.

A bit of background; I had my gallbladder removed 5 years ago. Since then, I've had a never ending cycle of GI issues. Heartburn,ingestion, gas, constipation, diarrhea...this past Friday, I was awoken at 1am with a feeling like someone was stabbing me in the stomach. It was a gut wrenching, doubling you over, can't breath kind of pain. It's not unfamiliar to me; I've experienced this plenty since my surgery too. The difference this time was that I couldn't get it to stop and I wound up in the ER. After 7 hours,they told me that my stomach was fine, gave me a prescription for Pepcid and sent me home.

Aside from the pain being gone (for the most part) I haven't felt much better. I'm constantly nauseous, I'm still getting stomach cramps, I can feel acid burning the back of my throat when I'm sitting or laying down. I haven't slept well since Friday because it wakes me up at night. In retrospect, all of these things are conditions and symptoms that I've put up with for some time now. And, I've discussed it with my GP and a GI doctor too, but neither made much of it because of my age (29). On Thursday, something HAS to be done!

I'm at the end of my rope now. I'm terrified to eat anything. I've lost almost 10 pounds since Friday. I feel like my gut is in a vice.

Can anyone help?? Thank you!

Helpful Tips

Have you tried better toilet posture?
    There is a great new product on the market aimed at improving colon health by correcting the anorectal angle and making elimination easier ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website