Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1. Head over to this page:

    2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at

    splenic flexture
    janegee posted:
    I, too, have been diagnosed with splenic flexture, not by the gastro doctor but by my new chiropractor. I have only just begun to see this guy but he immediately diagnosed my condition that seems far less painful than some here are experiencing. However, I have had it for years and the pain occurs on that upper left side like clockwork after each meal and lasts until all my food has passed through. My gastro doctors (and there have been many) all ignore my pleas as to what is going on. My recent gastro guy did call it a "kink" at one point but he and several other doctors I've seen through the years focus instead on a stomach ulcer I have that refuses to heal. It's located right at the mouth of the pylorus so scar tissue has formed around the exit into the duodenum. All doctors have insisted I have a major operation to remove that whole area of my stomach (a gastrectomy). But the truth is that the only pain I experience is in the splenic flexture area and now this chiro guy has already manipulated the area to the point where the pain seems far less. I will keep you posted because I have only seen this man four times but he is convinced he will solve the problem for me. I really don't want that major operation so I will continue to do what the chiro guy says...

    Helpful Tips

    Drinking waer everyday keeps my digesive going. More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website