Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/digestive-health/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

C-Diff Symptoms ???
    Balancing123 posted:
    Question ... I am wondering if I have C-Diff. Does it sound possible?
    First I had severe C-Diff about 12 years ago. Never again, until now.
    Around July 5th ... I had one episode of severe diarrhea. And a lot of gas. About 2 weeks later, I had another episode of large amount of loose stools. Since then I have had foul smelling gas and a lot of intestinal rumbling. Prior to all of this, I never had gas.

I was also on Doxycycline. for about 3 months at 100 mg a day.
    And my mother is in a skilled nursing facility and I visited her for a weekend 2 weeks prior to all of this happening.

Now that I only have intestinal rumbling and passing gas ... is it possible that I had C-Diff and am still carrying the bacteria causing the gas?

editor_morgan responded:
    Hi Balancing123,

Thanks for posting! I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing such discomfort.

Click here to read more about C. Diff . You will be able to learn more about C. Diff symptoms, risk factors, treatments and prevention.

Have you spoken to your doctor about the possibility of you having C. Diff again? You should express your concerns and symptoms so that you can get this issue addressed and you can hopefully get some relief.

Please keep us posted!

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website